Human Resource Specialist
Under the general supervision of the General Manager/Owner, coordinates human resources activities for the office. Responsible for overall recruitment and retention activities including employment, compensation, benefits and related actions. Complies and maintains office personnel records. Orients and supervises Comfort Keepers® and maintains complete personnel files according to Comfort Keepers® policies and procedures.
- Initiates hiring process for Comfort Keepers including processing applications, background screening, testing, interviewing, and reference validation. Makes hiring recommendation to Manager/or hires.
- Orients Comfort Keepers and maintains current employee files in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Records employee information such as personnel data, compensation, benefits, tax data, attendance, performance reviews, evaluations, and termination date and reason.
- Updates employee files to document personnel actions and to provide information for payroll and other uses.
- Compiles data from personnel, payroll, and computer records to prepare reports.
- Compiles and maintains records for use in employee benefits administration.
- Prepares and files report of accidents and injuries.
- Examines employees’ files to answer inquiries and provides information to authorized persons.
- Audits and maintains personnel records per federal, state, local, and company policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned
High School diploma or GED and two years human resource experience and/or training. Experience in health care or other service industry preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Experience in recruitment, hiring, and administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources programs.
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Motivates, develops, and directs people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Brings others together to reconcile differences.
- Positive, professional, business image.
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
Position Physical Demands:
Walking, sitting, and standing with lifting limited to files and records typically not expected to exceed 5 pounds in weight. Extended time at a computer work screen and on the telephone.